Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring, is that you?

Dear Spring,
Please don't tease us too much. Stay for a long time so we can play, outside.
Sincerely,
Me, a mom with 2 kids who want to play outside and not be cold.


How to spend a beautiful Spring-ish day
One day on our way to playgroup at the church we passed the farm. Sophie wanted to stop but it was just a so-so day and we already had plans. I told her on the next really nice day we would go. And so Frying Pan farm here we came. On the way to the farm Elanor was serenading us with "Old Macdonald had a farm," mostly just the cow saying moo. It was a crowded day to go, mostly families with kids 0-5. There were piglets, lambs, calves and a peacock with its feathers opened up (I of course was too slow with the camera to take a picture). No pictures were taken of animals, I'm sure you've all seen farm animals before.

Here are the girls walking down the lane, hand in hand.

Riding the tractors.

After the farm, we went home for lunch and then a fun painting project outside.
The girls painting.

Masterpiece

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hrm, it snowed here again last night...

Miss you guys.

Dorothy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy said...

I'm jealous. Wish I could have been there with all of you, too. Enjoy the springtime weather "double" for me, okay?

Dorothy said...

Michelle, I've thought about the title of this blog post many times since you first added it! Every time I see new buds and shoots, (or feel the sunshine), I think to myself "Spring, is that you?", and then I smile and think of you. :)