Friday, January 15, 2010

Fastnacht Festivities

Sunday after church we had several friends over to make fastnachts (doughnuts). Usually I make them on Fat Tuesday (this year it will be Feb 16 if you care to know) but since we are having a baby any time I thought we needed to continue this new tradition a little early. Next year it will be on Fastnacht Day aka Fat Tuesday again.
Here is our lot of fastnachts, pre-fried. I had 2 friends come and help do all the rolling and cutting. Thanks Marci and Andrew.


The frying. I had just given up my post as fryer and letting Lizbeth have a go at it. Maddie is taken cooked fastnachts into the dining room to be coated in sugary goodness.


Brant is reaching to get some fastnacht to coat while others are stuffing faces or chatting.


Elanor enjoying the goodness.


Playing.

0 comments: