Monday, May 16, 2011

First Adventures of Charlotte and Mom

warning...overload of pictures...warning...overload of pictures...you are warned
Andrew so graciously took four days off of work so that Charlotte and I could go to Utah for a whirlwind of an extended weekend.This trip was planned for Mother's Day weekend so I could finally participate with my mom and sisters in the Breast Cancer Race for the Cure (5th year for my mom, yea!). But we had a lot of other special events go one while I was in town.

Charlotte and Grandpa
One of the most special things that I was able to participate in was my sister Debbie going through one of the LDS temples to make sacred covenants with the Lord called an endowment. This is something as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we hold dear to our hearts and is so personal and spiritual.

Here are some of those that love Debbie and were in attendance inside with her (except Charlotte, my sister Sarah stayed outside with her). The day was so perfect on the inside and the outside. I was able to be in such a beautiful place with so many of my loved ones too.

Mom and Debbie
To finish off Friday, we were able to go to BYU campus and see the beautiful painting of Carl Bloch. He has done some amazing paintings of Christ. It was a perfect ending to a day centered around Christ.

Saturday was the big race. We woke up early and headed to Salt Lake City. The weather was perfect, not too hot, slightly overcast. I was so happy to participate in my first 5K and to honor my mom. I also wanted to participate for Elanor's preschool teacher who was diagnosed last year and for our friend Margaret who lost the battle last year. It was amazing to see so many people (estimated about 23,000 people) there supporting their loved ones and the survivors walking/running for themselves.

Looking a little confused but the little lady was a good rider during the race.
Start line...it took a good 15-20 minutes to get to the start line from when the race started.
Half an hour in and Charlotte was ready for her nap. She slept for a good 45 minutes.
Shae with Sarah and Beckie in the background. Shae was our official photographer during the race.
The walkers with Debbie in mid sentence.
Our Survivor! We love you Mom! And Sarah, the newly engaged one.

I am awake now.
Sea of Survivors. It was amazing to see the number of survivors and the years that they have survived.
Matt and Sarah, the cute engaged couple showing off the rock
Mom and her supporters.


The trip was so well worth it. I loved spending these days with my family. The adventures are not over, stay tuned for the rest of our trip and for Andrew's finishing adventures with Sophie and Elanor.

0 comments: