Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 4 and 5: Travels to and from Daegu

Random picture from the expo. Thought it was cute and wanted to add it :).


The nice people who owned the motel we stayed at prepared us breakfast this morning. It was frosted flakes, toast, jam, orange juice and cherry tomatoes.
Charlotte sitting on our bed

We packed up all our things are headed northeast to Daegu where there is a military base to refuel (much cheaper than getting on the economy) and to stay at a westernized hotel with very comfy beds. Andrew has already traveled to Daegu a time or 2 for work purposes and stays at this really nice hotel. After 3 nights on a korean hard mattess (or on the floor) we were ready for something comfy.
view from the bathroom, there was a door that slid closed to get privacy

view from hotel window

the toilet was in its own shower stale, the shower was in a different one

We went out to dinner with some of Andrew's coworkers to a really yummy korean bbq place down an alley way. But I have a whole post idea on the foods we ate (hopefully it will get written sooner rather than later:)). Then on Sunday morning one of Andrew's coworkers took us to see a huge Buddha statue and a buddhist temple.

This statue is new, I think it was build in the early 2000s. Underneath was an area people worshipped, no cameras in many of the places we visited these last few days.

Pagoda
kissing a lion



cute girls

bell :)

Buddha

throwing coins and making wishes
 


We had a great day seeing the temple and taking a hike. Then we drove to our next destination, Gyeongju and the beach. It was fun to take Beckie to the western, southern and eastern shores of Korea. The benefit of going to the beach with a native Korean speaker is you get chicken delivered on the beach (it happened so quick I didn't get a picture of it).
Beautiful sunset
 
showing off chopsticks that came with our chicken
 
playing in the water

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love that you find the beaches where ever you go :)

Melissa and Aaron said...

Charlotte looks so big! It looks like you guys had so much fun. That was a nice hotel you stayed in with such a beautiful view:). As I was looking at your pics I was thinking what great memories these girls are going to have when they're older. You guys are so lucky to experience this (even though I know it's hard)!