Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween in Korea

Halloween in a country that does not celebrate halloween has been overly compensated in the party department:). I think we had been invited to more halloween parties here than we ever were in the US. I've been terrible at taking pictures and I have no excuse since I take most of my pictures on my phone but oh well. I at least have 1 picture of each girl in their costume :). We started off our partying at a friend from church's house. The party was a blast with lots of scary food, games for the kids and lots of socializing. Next we had a dilema of two parties on one day at the exact same time. The stomach bug helped decide for Elanor, Charlotte and myself, Andrew needed to go to the church party so it was Sophie who had a decision to make. Andrew helped her out though, he dropped her off at her friend's house and then he went to the church. Fun fun for them.

On Halloween, Sophie and Elanor had a storybook character parade at school. To be able to dress up, you had to carry a book your character could be found in. Easy peasy for my pioneer girls.

 


Elanor aka "Laura Ingalls"


Sophie aka "Mary Ingalls"
 
Charlotte and I went to storytime and she dressed up too

Chef Charlotte
What to do for trick or treating? We do not trick or treat off base but on base it is little America and we had 2 options for this. 1. go to family housing which is 3 high rises along with hundreds of other kids or 2. go to one of the gyms where the onpost chapel was putting together a "biblical alternative" to trick or treating. It was interested; a lot of games where put together with a biblical theme, the kids played the game, then received candy. We did not get a lot of candy but it was enough to make the girls happy. Maybe next year we will be brave and go to family housing. Or we will do what our friends do, let the kids pick out favorite candy, carve pumpkins, eat out and watch a movie. Hmmm, we will think about it in a year:).
Charlotte is in Peter's prison



 

1 comments:

Melissa and Aaron said...

Fun! It sounds like you had a good time (minus the stomach bug). I always wonder what holidays are like in other countries. I missed Halloween in MX last year, but Aaron is there now and they were celebrating day of the dead there yesterday. He said people had their faces painted all over the city and it was actually kind of freaky. They do trick or treating at the embassy there, but thats it. How nice that you have a little America there on base! I'm excited to hear if you venture out to do that one next year. The girls looked cute in their costumes!!