Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No Oven

I want to cry, my oven is broken. In the final stages of pizza making on Monday I realized that the oven was not preheating, the big sign was a cold oven after 15 minutes of preheating and there wasn't the annoying clicking sound of the oven heating up. What a sad sight for those 4 delicious looking pizzas, 2 big and 2 little. Lucky for the girls I was able to cook their mini pizzas in the toaster oven and lucky for us our friends moved in a street over. I felt a little silly caring pizzas up the street but was mighty happy bringing them back cooked to perfection and oh so tasty. Now we wait for the oven to get fixed. Yes, just the oven is broken (must be the heating elements) so I can still use the stove top. This just means no bread, no cookies until the oven repairman comes tomorrow. I am hoping he can fix it, cross your fingers.

Update: Well, the oven repairman came yesterday. You know the drill, just like taking a sick child to the doctors, the oven worked when the man turned it on. Boy did I feel dumb. He was nice enough to still do his job and found some loose wires in the back. He tightened them up nicely for me and went on his merry way. My biggest question is why did our rental agency call in someone from Harper's Ferry WV? Well, at least I can now make some bread.

1 comments:

Holmes Family said...

What a great story. I know it must not have been funny at the time, but I kid you not many things like that have happened to me and now I just look back and laugh.
I hope you also had a fun vacation to Utah! Sounds like so much fun! Take care and keep in touch, Jess