Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend trip to PA

This past weekend we made a trip up to PA for a friend's wedding Open House and to see some other friends. It was a lot of fun. Sophie loves going to PA to see her "tall friend" Randi. The funny thing is Randi is my height. Sophie has been calling her this since we moved East. I think it is really cute and Randi's special nickname. And just to show how much we love Randi in this house, the whole drive up instead of saying "are we there yet?" Elanor said "I want to go to Randi's house!" Cute!

Congrats to my friend Cammi and her new hubby Cory. They were married in UT and came to PA for an open house. I hadn't seen Cammi in years and it was fun chatting with her. I hope they can come and visit us this summer when they stay in Pittsburgh.

Andrew was occupied the whole time by Randi's boys who wanted to play Risk. He remembered not so fondly what it was like as a child playing with his older brother as the boys tried to cheat and make up rules. Andrew was a good sport and played Saturday night and Sunday before we drove home. Sophie and Elanor played with Keri and weren't bossed around too much. As for me, I chatted with friends and had a relaxing time. It was even a better drive home this time, both girls zonked out about 30 minutes into the drive and slept until we stopped at a light in our town.

1 comments:

Elise said...

This sounds like a lot of fun! Joel and his siblings fought over Risk, too. Isn't it funny how into the game they get sometimes?