Saturday, October 31, 2009

Our week, in reverse order

Disclaimer: lots of pictures, so beware.
Happy Halloween!


Silly cat and silly witch.


We love our neighborhood. There are so many friends to play with and each Halloween the neighborhood holds a parade and then a potluck before trick-or treating.

Elanor with her friends.


Our neighborhood mummy and sometimes she thinks she's the boss.



Yes, I was festive this year also. This picture makes my tummy look small, I feel bigger than what you see.


The girls gave in quickly but Elanor was out once more to visit our neighbors for more treats. I don't think we had as many kids this year as last, maybe the sprinkling of rain scared some kids away.

10/30: Sophie's preschool class had a fun parade for the kids. All lined up for a picture.

and then off with most of the costumes for a regular day of school. I was in the class that day (it is a co-op so parents rotate when they are in the class, 3 parents each day). The kids were actually good. Sophie even had a job, she was the weather person.
Contemplating the weather (with her new bad habit, broke the thumb sucking for nail biting)

The class had made a pumpkin pinata and so now they are breaking it by shooting it into a laundry basket. Surprisingly all 19 kids had a chance to throw the pinata before it fully broke open. I think it started cracking around kid 15 but Mrs Rose kept sticking the prize back inside so all the kids could get a turn.


Mummies and Monster Fingers (I was trying to be creative for dinner one night)


The girls both love to help in the kitchen. Elanor is constantly moving the stool around so she can "help". Here we are making pumpkin pancakes, Sophie is reading the recipe to make sure I follow it to a T.


Last Saturday we had a very busy day. We ended it with trunk or treat at the church, which ended up being inside again due to rain. Elanor had fun doing the activities, Sophie not so much.
Elanor being curious.

And what truly made the day so long was van shopping. With baby #3 making her debut in 3 short months we had to buy a bigger vehicle, our choice was a light green 2009 Toyota Sienna. We are happy with our purchase and feel strange being a 2 car family again. We haven't had 2 cars since Arizona. Happy driving!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Love the pictures! Elanor is looking so much older, and both girls look great in their costumes. Thanks for sharing!

ken said...

We just finished having a bunch of kids at the door tonight but none of them compare to what your two look like. (I'm sounding like a proud grandpa.)

Erin said...

I just found your blog, and I love it. And I'm really impressed with your creative dinner.

Deb said...

I am in love with your pregnant/Halloween shirt. That is way too cute (and your girls too of course!)