Saturday, November 14, 2009

A warning for anyone who sits near us during Sacrament meeting

This is for our friends who might sit near us during church services.
Almost every Sunday during sacrament meeting Elanor and Sophie sing along with the songs. Sophie will sit there with the hymn book open to the right page reading the words and making up her own tune. She will sing at her own pace and semi-loudly. It is cute. Elanor will sit there with the book open to any page, upside down and belt out (I mean you can hear her several rows away) some kind of gibberish to her own tunes. We find it cute, but sometimes a little too loudly.

An excerpt from something I wrote about 2 months ago...
'Today was no different except we sat in front of a man who was truly touched by the music of my 2 year-old. During the opening song Elanor was doing her usual singing along but loud, almost too loudly. I reached over to hush her just a little. The brother sitting behind me touched my shoulder. I looked back and he was crying. He said please don't have her stop singing. It is bringing joy to my eyes. Or something similarly sweet. I was touched that a grown man would be so moved by the "music" of my child. Andrew later told me this man told this story while teaching the men at church.'

Someday we will get a video of her singing but for now here is one of Sophie singing while we were in Oregon. It is a long video but so funny listening to her sing and play the piano. Enjoy.


1 comments:

Erika said...

Every Sunday we never need to turn around when we hear a little child start singing with so much power behind us. So sweet...and so funny at the same time!