Monday, December 14, 2009

First Day of Christmas

I decided that for the 12 days of Christmas we will spend together each evening doing a craft or activity.

Today we made cardboard Christmas trees.
First I cut out the trees and had the girls paint them green. They were so excited to paint and both did a great job by themselves, especially Elanor.




We painted early in the day so the trees could dry. After dinner and clean-up, the girls started decorating their trees. Again, I forgot how much of a big girl Elanor is, she wanted to do everything herself. Sophie is a pro at crafts and had a lot of fun.


The finished trees and their makers.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

What fun for the girls!! I hope you'll share your projects on this blog so I can enjoy it, too. :)

Elanor is going to seem a lot older to you after the baby is born. She really is getting to be a "big girl."

Stacy Smith said...

Great idea! I may have to borrow this one for the girls to do tomorrow.