Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow, I want to go play in the snow!

Yesterday was the first snowfall of the season, a bit early but enjoyed (by some). It snowed pretty much all day, the rain turned to snow around 8:30am and then snowed non-stop until the afternoon.
The first adventures outside were to catch snowflakes on the tongue. Here are the girls ready for the task.


Sophie caught a big one. They had fun but got cold quick, we hadn't pulled out the snow gear yet (or purchased some for this season either).



Take 2: Later in the day there was about 4 or 5inches of snow, and it was good packing snow so we went upstairs and found the hidden winter gear.

Ready for some fun.


The family went out, except for me I don't have anything that fits, and played. The first thing was to build a snowman with the neighbors.
The finished product. I came outside when it was finished with the camera, so no making of pictures.


Snowman didn't last long, he was destroyed.


Elanor had a lot of fun playing in the snow.


It was a fun day had by all, I enjoyed the warmth inside and the quiet while Andrew played with the girls. What a fun Saturday.

WARNING: picture of my finger to follow
Oh, and just a side note about Thanksgiving. We had fun, eventually spending time with friends. I had a little accident with a sharp knife that led us to the ER for several hours. Now a week later we can see what the damage was and not as bad as I thought. But that day it was bad, it wouldn't stop bleeding (which my pregnancy didn't help) and I just wanted a professional to look and fix it. A picture of said finger to follow, not too gross but still yuck. A lot of the red stuff is an artificial splint that I have slowly been taking off the last couple of days. I was also happy to see more of my fingernail than expected.

1 comments:

Dorothy said...

Great snow pictures, I love them! Poor snowman didn't get to stand up very long, did he? Your new camera takes nice pictures. :)

Michelle, your finger looks better than I thought, too. It should heal pretty fast and be just like new! yea!