Yesterday was Sophie's last day of preschool. It was bitter sweet, I am done with the 12:30-3 time slot but will miss having her be busy during that time. Next step for her is to register for kindergarten, crazy to think she will be in full day kindergarten in September.
Sophie has grown so much over the last year. Her first year of preschool she was shy and quiet in the class. This year she has become more outgoing. To me the biggest change is that the first year when I was in the class she just hung around me, this year she would often skip my station and wanted little to do with me. It was a happy thing and nice to see her interact with others. The dynamics of her class were a bit wild, let's just say 12 boys to 6 girls.
Another big change this year is her reading, writing and drawings. It still amazes me her reading level, I guess I did something right with the kid. And her hand writing is so neat and clear. When people ask what we did, I just say read and follow her ques to what she wants to do. Nothing too difficult but it was also her and her love for books and writing that brought such a skill at a young age.
Here is a cute video of one of the songs they performed for us. She is just being silly. Love you Sophie girl.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Last day of Preschool
Posted by michelle at 10:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment