June was a fun-filled month that went by so quickly. The most important thing I did in June was register Sophie for kindergarten. She is ready; even has a back pack packed with on the bus readings. We will see how Sophie does, she expects a lot (thanks Junie B and Ramona) hopefully she won't be too disappointed or bored. Full day, hooray is my motto (she needs it, trust me).
Another fun thing both girls did in June was take a 4week ballet class. They had fun but I wasn't too impressed with the teacher. Basically they did the same thing every week but enjoyed themselves.
Elanor's class was first, it was pre-ballet and for kids 3 and 4.
If you look closely at her face, she is quite proud of herself.
Go Elanor!
Sophie's class was an intro to ballet for 4 and 5 year-olds. There really was a huge difference in listening skills between the 2 classes. Sophie loved everything about the class and was sad to see it end.
Flexibility.
The class
Our free spirit
The last fun thing worth noting is we went on our first camping trip in I won't say how many years. Andrew and I are not big campers but Sophie has been wishing to go for a while. We have some friends up in PA who love to camp and just happened to have a spare van-camper thing (it had a bed, toilet and AC). Friday-Sunday, the last weekend in June we spent in PA with said friends enjoying the great outdoors. I would like to note that I did not receive one bite while camping but I can walk out my front door and am dinner to too many bugs. Any ways, the first night we all slept in the camper, Andrew and I on the bench bed and the girls on the bed above the driver seat. Sophie liked to call it a bunk bed(which she wished for on a star and was quite disappointed to come home and not find one in her room). The second night Andrew pulled out our tent we received as a wedding gift and used that first summer once but not since. He put it together and he and the 2 big girls slept out in it. Charlotte and I enjoyed AC. We had fun but I realized I am not a good camp cook. We might try camping again when Charlotte is older.
That was our June.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Many Tales of June
Posted by michelle at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment