Picnics are a lot of fun, usually more fun if they are at the wished for location but we had to make due with this beautiful site as we ate. See the tale of today down below.

So here's the tale of today. We left the house at 9:30 to meet up with some friends at the zoo. All was hunky dory until we reached Connecticut Ave. Ugh, traffic was awful and then trying to turn left into the zoo, I don't think so. Finally we entered the zoo only to find everybody on the Eastern shore had the same idea. Come on people it is 10:20am during spring break, shouldn't you be sleeping in. All, I mean all lots were full by the time they shooed us out of the zoo into unfamiliar territory. Was my map bible in the car, nooo. Luckily I am somewhat familiar with the area so I detoured us (unknowingly) into DC. Waving, almost, to dad's office we found our way out of DC and back toward the zoo. Another drive around and we had no luck. So the next best thing was to head to the temple, since it is off of Connecticut Ave. Another minor detour and we were at the beautiful temple. The girls had a good time seeing the temple and the Christus statue. The sister missionaries were nice of course. Now we are home. Just to make my exhausting day better, Elanor slept in the car, awoke in the parking spot and now is wired.
Must go to show the 2 year-old pictures, again.
2 comments:
I absolutely love that Sophie gets to choose her own creative outfits for your adventures! She's adorable!
Bummer about the zoo. I've learned, from years past, not to enter DC during spring break. Too much traffic+no parking=grumpy mommy (grumpy until we find parking...). Good thing the temple was there to save the day!
Post a Comment