Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I got distracted...

So I failed in my endevour to blog pinterest everyday. Maybe it was the lack of interest (comments sure do brighten a bloggers day, but I can't request something I don't always do) or just the lack of energy to do something every day. Maybe it is me trying to get off the computer and spend more time with the cuties in my life. I have done things from pinterest over the last week and a half just haven't felt like blogging. Oh and Andrew was out of town again last week. I tried a new whole wheat bread recipe (it is on my board), it was good I just have to remember to half the recipe since I only brought 2 bread pans with me instead of 4 (if anyone wants to go to IKEA and buy me 2 more loaf pans I will love you lots:)).

Elanor and I are working on preschool. I am not motivated even though there is so much info out there, that is more of the problem too much info I go into shock mode and do nothing. But we succeeded yesterday and had fun playing playdough and talking about our bodies.

Sophie is doing well in school. She is being more challenged but I feel a little out of the information loop with the teacher. I've come to realize it really sucks moving during a school year. The solution is to meet with the teacher maybe in the next week or so.

Charlotte is a crack up. Her facial expressions are hilarious and she is a very cuddly bug. Her vocabulary grows everyday and her sentences are getting bigger. She is in the independent stage and is kind of driving me crazy when she wants things her way but I can still persuade her in my direction a lot of the time.

Andrew is working hard and hopefully not going away for business for a while (nothing is on the calendar but that could always change). His job is demanding and he is working long hours. We are here and trying to make the best of it, that is all we can do.

As for me, things are okay. This is not my favorite place to be but we are dealing the best we can. I don't think it is Korea necessarily but the long hours Andrew is putting in, the lack of a car everyday and still missing friends. And again that double outsider thing, I am not Korean or an army wife. I will figure things out and am making the best of my situation. Now I need to get off the computer and get some tasks done.

4 comments:

Chapman Family said...

I love reading your posts...but I understnad the lack of motivation to do it...my blog is dead because of facebook! But I love peaking in on you and your cuties!

Melissa and Aaron said...

100% understand what you're going through. Aaron works ridiculously long hours and weekends and sometimes has to leave in the middle of the night here in MX. Plus, I have no car, and I have a few friends, but it's just different. You can't go see them when you want. Anyway, I totally get it!!!! I'm sorry it's been so rough. Hopefully, it will get better. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Deb said...

I should be better at leaving comments because I like them too ; )
I love your blog and seeing how your cute girls are doing! I can imagine it would be rough. Tony works a LOT too but I'm not in another country. I'm sure it's a fun adventure but such an adjustment at the same time. I hope things get a little easier, which I'm sure they will!

Stacy Smith said...

Well I will add my comment so that you know we are out here. Fun to read about your family. Maybe I will return the favor and get my blog updated sometime. I've been not motivated to post since before Christmas. I think it takes at least a year to feel comfortable when you move. Give yourself time and remember you were excited about this adventure. It seems to me that you are doing a great job getting out, exploring and being a fab mom!