Tonight we had some guests over for dinner...2 of Andrew's employees (I am still getting used to saying that). I couldn't go without trying something from Pinterest so I tried a Texas Roadhouse cinnamon butter knock off.
This is what the pinner said, there wasn't a link to a blog or anything.
Texas Roadhouse's cinnamon butter. Ingredients: 2 sticks of butter (room temperature), 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 cup of honey, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Mix it all together until it’s the consistency you want and it’s ready. Super easy!
I halved this recipe, I don't need that much of this goodness in my fridge. It tasted really good on freshly homemade bread. It was a little overly sweet. I think the next time I make this, I will leave out the powdered sugar. I know I've had cinnamon butter at Texas Roadhouse, I just don't remember it being so sweet.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Day 9: Cinnamon Butter
Posted by michelle at 6:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds delicious. I agree that the powdered sugar seems like overkill in the sweet department. I usually make it with lemon zest instead of cinnamon. I will have to try this version sometime.
I love the Texas Roadhouse butter. I noticed the other day at the grocery store that Land O' Lakes now makes a spreadable cinnamon flavored butter in a tub. I'll have to try it sometime to see what it's like, but it would be fun to try this recipe too! Thanks for sharing:)
Post a Comment