We've had quite the busy week here on the East coast. Last Saturday was the big move and it was made much easier by friends who came to help and watch our kiddos. Really the big move began on Friday when we went and picked up the keys. Andrew and I dropped all 3 girls off at a friends house (thanks Bonnie, superwoman who had her 3 kids and ours, so 6 kids under 6), got the keys and then headed home for our first load of kitchen stuff. The kitchen took about 2 loads in the van. After that I hung out at the house and attempted to unpack while Andrew picked up Charlotte to go home to nap. He took care of some more packing at home, I hung out at the new place waiting for the internet and phone to be hooked up. Once Charlotte's nap was over, Andrew picked up the other girls and headed over here to get me. The girls were thrilled to run around an empty house. We headed back to the old place for a bit more work and play. Luckily we didn't have to cook dinner tonight, my friend Lizbeth invited us over to her place for dinner, thanks again it was delicious (to us adults at least).
Saturday arrived and Andrew went to pick up the truck while I did last minute things before dropping the girls off at my friend Stacy's house. I then picked up a couple of teenage boys and headed home. When I arrived with the boys we had a few more helpers. In all we had 8 guys come and help us out (and one was an 8 year-old who was in my primary class before I was released a couple of weeks ago). It took 2 full loads and 1 partial load to get all the stuff we had ready to go here. And they did it in 4 hours. Moving is made a little easier with helping hands.
We've had many van loads of stuff since then and now the other place is empty. Monday was the big cleaning day. Again with the help of friends it was almost all cleaned on Monday. A little extra work on Tuesday, carpets cleaned yesterday and it is done. Andrew went to check it out last night and that is that. Now I only have to focus on unpacking this place. The playroom is about done and that is it. I know I should have done the kitchen first but I didn't want to. I needed to line the cupboards and blah blah blah. It is my task for today.
The girls were happy on Sunday to find that the Easter bunny found them and left some good treats. No ham or traditional Easter meal for us this year, we didn't even decorate eggs. Oh well, there is always next year and maybe we will dye eggs on a random day.
So that brings us up to speed on our current lives. The girls are happy and sad about leaving our old neighborhood. This new one isn't as kid friendly on the outside, not great places to ride their bikes and no kids on our end of the cul-de-sac. We do know of some families on the other end of the street though. We will adjust and the girls will see their friends at the other house occasionally. Andrew will now have 2 bus routes to choose from and I am happy with the set-up of the inside of the house.
Now I have to go and do something, maybe get a screaming baby.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Busy week
Posted by michelle at 10:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment