Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 26: Cherry Blossoms

An adventure into DC is always fun, especially the stop and go traffic down Constitution with all the other Cherry Blossom gawkers and 2 girls constantly asking are we parked/when are we parking/are we parking? Constantly. Here is our tale...

The view from the front seat while stopping and going in traffic. Beautiful.

Jefferson Memorial. The view was pretty (from the car but I am glad I wasn't amid the mass crowd).

Blossoms

Finally, we found a place to park at Hains Point. It was a great place too. The girls had a fun park to play at, we could see airplanes taking off from National Airport and there were cherry blossoms all around the water front.
Sliding (p.s. Charlotte does love the slide, just not when her sister is holding her)

A monkey crossing the bars. We were surprised she could go across by herself. This is what they learn in school.

Sliding and having fun.

See she likes it, she really likes it.

Sophie the photographer taking a shot of us.

Thank you random stranger for taking a fantastic picture of the family. He got all of us looking at him and having pleasant expressions on our face. Even Elanor. That is a big deal for miss not very photogenic.
Elanor the photographer, view from her window of a statue and part of a rickshaw.

We had fun, eventually. And we were able to see the cherry blossoms, hooray!

1 comments:

Dorothy said...

Thanks for sharing your day with all the little parental comments. I giggled appropriately! Sophie you did a good job with your family photo, and Elanor, I love your dress. (I remember who made it. :)