Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 1: Aquariums

Today's craft is brought to us by enchanted learning. Elanor and I made an aquarium.

first Elanor painted a plate blue

I drew some fish, plants and Elanor cut them out

Now it is time to decorate the animals

Glue everything in place

TaDa...an aquarium
I wanted us to make an aquarium so I could post about our recent trip to the COEX Aquarium in Seoul. We (mostly Andrew since he is the driver) were adventurous and drove to Seoul to the COEX Mall where there is a pretty awesome aquarium along with a lot of other things. This place was huge and parking is interesting to say the least. We had a little late start so we arrived around lunch time; first stop was lunch. Andrew found a Korean restaurant that had something Sophie said she would eat.

Sophie eating rice with chopsticks. This is fried pork chop with rice, corn and cabbage salad. She ate around the brown sauce on the chop:).
waiting for our food

Still waiting
This picture cracks me up. Look at that grin.
Our lunch ended up being 2 of the fried pork, mandu (korean dumplings) and kimchi fried rice which is becoming one of my favorite dishes.

After lunch we headed into the aquarium. It was a lot of fun.
we saw lots of sharks

Our favorite was the manatee. It was fun watching them eat and move around.

Touching starfish

holding a starfish
pretending to be in a shark


silly face
crazy fish tanks

0 comments: